Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hiking at Whitewater State Park



Sandstone, the kids loved how it turned to sand when you touched it.
The leader of the pack
Sitting pretty on a few bugs she later discovered
A view from the top of one of the hikes
The lost trail slide
Chimney Rock
The stairs were helpful we should have realized that the trail would be better marked when it started like this. How we lost it I have no idea.
We drove up to Whitewater on Saturday and hiked for, forever. It was hot and at one point we lost the trail and we slid down the hillside on out rumps. We made a picnic and after the hikes we rested with lunch and then a nice drive home. David and I took an hour long nap each when we got home. I was tired.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've gotten lost hiking at waterwater. It always ends up much prettier than the real trail.

H. Wimmer said...

I got 10 girls lost hiking whitewater during Young Women camp. We ended up finding the stairs after being lost for two hours. I miss hiking in whitewater it is so beautiful!!