Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 4th of July parade

JT's friend Mason
Gunnar is in there.
Gunnar as George Hormel before the graying of his hair

It was wet, but it was fun. I love the parade even in the rain. Eric picked me up at 5:40AM and we tossed chairs in the back and drove to find a spot. We set the chairs up and then back in the car as the rain came down hard. Buffy was in the car with us and she is so cute with that little tail wagging. Qatar came down at 7:30 and I left to take a shower. I came back at a bit before 9 and Meredith walked down after that and I left to drop Gunnar off at the Hormel Home for his make-up for the parade. I picked everyone else up and we went to Sacrament and then back to the parade with ponchos and umbrellas.
We found everyone on the street huddled under trees and umbrellas, but the parade went by and we clapped and got bags of candy and treats from the passing floats. Gunnar rode in a car as George Hormel and the top was up so it was difficult to see him. David came down a bit after Gunnar passed and then the cops at the end. We packed up and I walked home to get the car and went to pick up the chairs. Wet but a great parade like usual.

1 comment:

meredith said...

it was so much fun :)