Friday, July 23, 2010

Book 85 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society



I loved this book, it is a collection of letters and at first I was like, Oh come on, but it was very well done. I can see why it was named one of the best books of the year by Time magazine. I would recommend this to everyone. A great story set right after the war(WWII) in England. A writer is researching material for a new book and finds a group of readers on the small island of Guernsey which was occupied by the Germans for five years. Read this book you will love it, its a feel good read. Rad the last few pages over and over, loved it!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think I may have liked it better had I not taken so long to read it. It is already slow and I only read a couple pages a day. When I was done, I was just glad it was finally over

Dane said...

I have this on my nightstand, I've had a hard time getting started on it. You've got me excited to pick it up, thanks.