Thursday, February 26, 2009

I think I am scared


I watched Oprah while I was making dinner last night and I am freaking out. People without jobs, homes and anything. I feel that the recession has really not hit Austin yet and I really hope it doesn't. My life is pretty much the same, except where food is concerned the prices have gone way up. But gas has gone down. This media hype scares me and I know it is stupid to be worried because I can do nothing about it. Dave Ramsey is calm I should be calm as well. Just keep saving and keep to a budget is all I really can do. YUCK!!!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, I feel the same way. We are pretty much the same here other than a lot of people have had to sell their houses in our neighborhood. We have been joking about "what recession?" Randy and I have done our part in boosting the economy when we spent over 10,000 dollars in cash in the last two months.(our car, basement, food storage, etc.) We still have our E-fund though which makes me feel a LOT better. Isn't it funny how we say "well, Dave Ramsey isn't worried, so neither should we" We put so much trust in him. very interesting.

Unknown said...

He is my hero, of course he has enough money to make it through anything and I bet his business grows as the economy gets worse. But I still hold him in high regard.

WonderKitty said...

My husband just lost his job because one of the investors in his company pulled out cause he was worried about losing more money in the economy. And that makes me sick. That hard working people are being put in this situation and there is nothing they can do to prevent it. I like the video above, by the way.