Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Banfield Carnival, subbing, passports and the week.


Well the Banfield Carnival is over for another year and I cannot say I am disappointed. Amanda, Bonnie, Gunnar, John R., Eric and I made balloon animals for over three hours last night. 5-8 is the carnival and we got there at 4 to start getting ready and blowing up some balloons, we raised the ticket price and I was afraid that we had just raised the price over the demand level. We were not as busy as usual, but we collected more tickets then last year so I think we may have found the perfect demand and supply price. We used two hundred plus balloons, but I was not half as tired as I am usually am at the end of the night. We only made twenty or so octopus, thank heaven those take five balloons. The first year we made over 150 octopus. A good night for balloon making and Amanda and I were able to race some fish before the carnival ended.(I won.)

I was planning on stayng home yesterday to get my stuff togehter for the carnival, but I got called in to teach Chemistry and Physics at the HS. The teacher had a student teacher so the day was almost boring with nothing really to do. I did enjoy the explanation of Excel and I think I learned a bit about sound and light waves. A good day to be a sub. I am saving everything for Iceland. BTW we did get all of our paperwork done for the passports and signed at the court house so it should be about three weeks until we get them.


I learned a new thing about MN tax returns this week. If you do not itemize, but donate more then 500 to charity, church or non-profits during the year you can take a subtraction on your MN taxes. Cool for those who pay lots of tithing, but do not itemize their federal taxes.

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

What a way to sub - is there anyway to get on just the sub when there is a student teacher list?

Nessa said...

The carnival wore me out!I'm glad it's over. I can't believe how many kids wanted balloons. Next year I am duct taping Finn to the floor so that I don't have to chase him around...I'm sure that is legal, right?

meredith said...

Emily was so proud of her octopus. She had a breat time at the carnival and loved seeing all of you there.