Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Board Woes


I attended the meeting last night and the board decided not to worry about getting another board member until at least school starts and maybe even after the referendum vote in November. I don't like the politics of politics, but last night the other guy who I tied with was there and he was talking to one of the people who voted for me and accused him of being part of a block. He then sat close to me and talked loudly to another interviewee about how his interview was amazing and he should have been appointed. Well I wonder, do I want to be involved with this at all, but then again.

"Perpetrators, collaborators, bystanders, victims: we can be clear about three of these categories. The bystander, however, is the fulcrum. If there are enough notable exceptions, then protest reaches a critical mass. We don’t usually think of history as being shaped by silence, but, as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’
And certainly it is a common quote. In fact it is possibly the commonest political quote you will find anywhere on the World Wide Web. It is used to warn of the encroachments of government, and to warn that governments do not do enough. It appeals to both left and right alike, and is equally useful in either camp."

'The People need to stand up if they want things to change, even if it is hard and gets them out of their comfort zones. Growth happens most readily outside of our comfort zones. So change here I come.
So who knows a year is a long time and anything can happen, but I think if I feel the need to do something I better do it.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Go for it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.