Friday, August 13, 2010

P90x Update

I hurt the tendon in my knee from all the jumping and hiking I was doing. The Dr. has told me 12 weeks to recover fully and to give my body a break. It is an over use injury, called jumpers knee. So I have a brace for when I walk or workout my upper body and then I ice it a few times each day and use Advil. Fun, fun I hate to be laid up and it hurts almost all the time. I have been resting it(sort of) for 4 weeks now and I think it is getting better. I now need to not push it to see and then hurt it again like I did a few weeks back.
I do the pull-ups, push-ups, back and arm workouts and the ad ripper still, but the others are off limits right now. I made it 70 days before this injury and was really enjoying the workouts. Hopefully I can get back to it on a modified basis in the future.
The pain in my knee is right under the knee cap at the base of the knee and it hurts, especially sitting and going down stairs.

No comments: