Monday, August 2, 2010

Books 98, 99, 100, and 101

Interesting and fun to read. Who knew that we thought like this? This book will make you think about why you do certain things. Do people need big bonuses? Really, NO! they make little or no difference in their work ability. Get your kids to eat more vegetables, have them plant and care for a garden. Its theirs therefore they will love what they grow, we love things that we make and things we come up with.
Like it, a mystery romance.
This was Okay I loved the Shopaholic series and a few of her others, this was just okay.
Minnesota author and I really liked this one.
I've hit my goal of 100 and now on too 125. Steven King said that if you want to be a writer you need to be a reader, so start with 100 books a year and I have to say that my writing is better since I've been reading so much more. It really helps you to learn how a book is constructed and how the story is moved forward. I've learned a lot just from the way a book is written, some authors follow a time line, some bounce around from characters to characters, some write one perspective and then switch at the chapter and some just bore the heck out of me no matter what they do. I now know what I like and what I don't, I really can fly through certain books and some I just drag my feet. This has been a great experience and I think I will try for 100 a year from now on. How many books a year do you read? The average reads 9 a year and 1 in 4 reads none. I think a great goal is 50, about one a week that is doable for anyone. So go read, you never know what you might learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read 85 so far this year. Slowing down in my old age :) !! Suzanne

Heather said...

Seriously 9 books? that's all? I don't know how many I read a year. It isn't a hundred, but it is a lot more than 9. Who reads zero books? I can't fathom not reading anything. Maybe those are "magazine people" not to be confused with People magazine. :)

Anonymous said...

1 in 4 read none and I can't imagine that I love to read. I started one yesterday at 5pm and stayed up until 11 to finish. Good story and I love a book that keeps my attention on every page. 85 is great for only July, David is beating me, but that man reads at every opportunity. I'm learning to do that and I'm reading more. Lisa