Sunday, August 1, 2010

School Board woes


I've had many people ask me about what is going on with the school board and I have to say I don't know. I think they are just going to wait and stall as long as they can until they start the process of finding a replacement again and then most likely again(a tie vote is going to happen again and again.) I see the election next year being huge with more candidates then ever before. I plan on throwing my hat in the ring unless someone, or many someones do that I feel I can fully get behind and support . Door knocking, flyer handing out and the likes. We need a change and that is evident by their inability to make a decision about a replacement. Our kids deserve more and I will be sure they get it one way or another.
I've never been a public person, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. I hope the referendum is renewed for the students sake and not voted down because of the current state of the school board. I want my kids and all the other kids in Austin to have the opportunity at the best education they can get. Changes need to be made with the board members and the next election will be interesting, to say the least. Four seat up for election in 2011.

5 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Keep it up - that's what is needed.

Heather said...

Good luck!

Nessa said...

You know that you have our support! Hey, take Finnegan with you while you hand out fliers and such...no one can say no to Finn! :)

H. Wimmer said...

I wish I was back in Austin to help!! I will help any way I can!! I think you would be awesome in the school board!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.