Monday, August 23, 2010

Minnesota State Fair

Gunnar is performing at the talent competition on Saturday the 28th and so I got the early bird tickets for 2 dollars off regular admission and 2 coupon books to help with food choice, quite a few BOGO offers. Two years ago when Zeke got to perform I swore I was never going again and look here we are again. Be careful what you swear never to do. So many people it is like a flood of bodies. Vanessa is taking JT for the day, it scared me to death to take him, I would lose him and he's so short, never find him again.
Gunnar's song choice was fine for Mower county, but at the State fair it cannot be over 4 minutes. I shorten the song at the beg. and at the end with iTunes, but then I needed it to fade out at the end or it just cut off. I Goggled the question and downloaded a free program and then cut and faded the end. Quite easy after I figured out where I saved the program, always check before saving so you can find it again. So the song is now 3:56 instead of 4:49. I cut 15 seconds of the front and the rest of the end. Luckily the last stanza is repeated like seven times so he can repeat it fewer times. Now I just need him to practice so he does the best performance he can so.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Good Luck Gunnar...and good luck to me since I will have J.T. all day! :)

meredith said...

good luck Gunnar- to you too Lisa. We still haven't ever attended the state fair lol

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Looking forward to watching Gunnar just not going to the fair.