Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I taught 2nd grade today. Guess who was in the class?


Two days of preschool and then 2nd grade today. I was given the choice of a 1st grade class or
the 2nd grade class I knew was Gideons. I decided that Gideons class would be a fun experience and it was. He told me Abby would be very upset that she didn't get to spend the day with me. His class was well behaved and we had a birthday to celebrate so everyone was hyped up on sugar by the time math time came. Gideon wrote a story about his trip to Des Moines this week and it sounds like lots of fun. It was a great day and I even got to read a few chapters in Charlotte's Web(One of my favorite books, I told the kids I cry every time I read it and then they wanted to know why? Whoops!(I didn't tell them the end.))
Cade ignored me every time I saw him, but Gideon gave me a big kiss when we left for the bus.

Ha Your loss Cade, remember I could always drive you home and you wouldn't have to walk if you would at least smile at me when I wave my arm off at you. Think about it.....

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Ins´t it fun to be loved so much!

meredith said...

How much fun. BTW I get to teach Jax every week and he's a lot of fun too :)

Micah said...

Gideon came home so excited you were his sub. And, yes, Abigail was way bummed that she missed out. I don't think I've heard as many details from his day at school ever--"Lisa taught us this, Lisa says that". He thought it was pretty cool.