Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally I have something they can treat me for


I've had a horrible headache since Sunday. Pressure and pain, I even thought about taking David up on his offer to drill a hole in my skull to drain the fluid. I finally drug(more then one way, they gave be vicodin for the pain) myself to the doctor and I have a sinus infection. It didn't present as a typical sinus infection, so they took blood and did a CT scan, sounds like over kill to me, but the pain was in the back and sides of my head. The doctor told me that my sinuses farther towards my ears and the back of my head were filled with fluid, and my hemoglobin was a bit low, so they gave be antibiotics, yea!!!!! I should feel better in 24-48 hours. I expect to feel like a million bucks tomorrow, cross your fingers. Don't go to the clinic if you can help it, they are sick of sick people and kept telling me to stay home and drink plenty of fluids. They were short and rude until they actually found something besides the flu wrong with me. Many people are ending this flu/cold with a sinus infection or pneumonia. Stay away from sick people(if you can help it).

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I am glad you went to the doctor as these flus that you just had leaves you with these secondary infections. If a person is sick beyond the normal time of three to four days a week tops they need to see the doctor. May I ask what the people at the clinic think they have jobs for if it isn't to see sick people, when you are well you avoid the clinic for fear of getting sick!! Feel better soon, my sweet girl!

Heather said...

It seems everyone I talk to via fb or blogger is sick. It scares me. Strep throat seems to be going around here the most. That's another reason I am scared that Ty is in school. I think I am becoming a germaphobe.