Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday concert at Banfield

The Holiday Concert was postponed due to snow on Friday and then a two hour delay to school today cancelled one of the three times, so it was crowded in the gym where the kids sang favorites like, All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth(1st Graders), I'm Getting Nothing For Christmas (3rd Graders), Zeke played his recorder to Jingle Bells. It went for an hour with the talking bits they add to make it more of a show then just the kids singing. It was cute and enjoyed seeing my three smiling faced children happy about going to school today.
Gunnar's concert was last week and it was a beautiful evening of music. The high school ended the concert with the Hallelujah Chorus and Silent Night where everyone was silent for a moment following the song, it was very dramatic.
Christmas has just snuck up on me, I feel totally unprepared. I spent four hours shopping today.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

It was nice to watch the kiddos perform. I'm glad you got some shopping done.

Nessa said...

This is why I like 4th of July...I only have to buy Cenny one present, and nothing for anyone else!

H. Wimmer said...

I can't believe Christmas is already here and I still have two people I need to buy for and NO IDEA what to get them!! I'm spending all day tomorrow shopping and LOTS AND LOTS OF WALKING..