Friday, December 12, 2008

Clear aligner for my teeth and WOW they hurt.


I went to the orthodontist yesterday and I think I had to be the oldest patient in the room. Well we had money left in our flex account this year and I have tried to spend it every which way I can and so I decided to get my teeth that have been getting crooked over the years fixed. It should be easy, wrong. They had to take several different molds and a bite record then sand paper with very thin strips between my teeth. My teeth are extremely tight and even the orthodontist commented that he had never seen teeth so tight. As they put the first set of aligners in it took lots of wiggling and pushing to get them on and boy do they hurt. I had them in all night and at breakfast took them out to eat. Putting them back in really hurt and so Advil is my new friend. For my sore muscles and now my sore teeth. Why do I do this to myself?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes. who knew? I bet you get used to it after a week or so. How long are you supposed to wear it anyway?

TStevens said...

Because the joy of wasting my money on your FREAKING teeth Mrs Whitestrips far outweighs any pain.

Unknown said...

I have to wear set for four weeks and then I have four more sets to wear for three weeks each and then for a few months with the last set to set my teeth in the new position. My tongue is raw on the edges. OUCH!!!