Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Gift of the Magi according to Qatar and the Muppets.


Qatar gave a talk in Sacrament meeting today and was asked to tell his three favorite Christmas stories. He started with "The Christmas Carol" and then "The Gift of the Magi". Qatar started the story and told the congregation that it was a Muppet story where Kermit sells his watch and Miss Piggy cuts off her hair to sell. Kermit buys Miss Piggy combs for her long hair and Miss Piggy buys Kermit a watch chain. It is about how giving all we have is so much better then receiving. I was breaking up in the back. I really started to laugh as I looked at the Bishoprics faces as Qatar continued the story of Miss Piggy and Kermit. It was so funny when they kept looking to see if Qatar was serious. He was, that is the Story of the Magi to him. He finished with the story of the Nativity and I was very proud of him, he did a very good job.

3 comments:

Renee Anderson said...

I thought his talk was great too!!

Nessa said...

Any time a talk in Church can be related to the muppets, I am happy! I think that he did a wonderful job!

Dawn said...

It was great! He did a super job! I love children's perspectives.