Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Therapy

I'm sure this is what is on the pad my therapist writes on when I talk.

I love therapy and it is the one thing I do for just me.  I take all the crap in my life and I spill it on her and she talks me through it.  I have very soft skin and most arrows pierce deeply, so she is helping me build a tougher exterior so I don't take everything someone says or does to heart and blame myself.  When I do blame myself she corrects me.  This is a great thing for me and at once a month I think I am feeling better about myself and all the arrows that come flying at me everyday.  Deflect them or just let them go by...no blaming myself for others problems.  If you can't handle life see someone...you will thank me later.

1 comment:

H. Wimmer said...

I was seeing a therapist for two years before she needed to take care of her family. She taught me so much about how to deal with my eating disorder. I always felt so much better after my weekly visits. It was the best thing I ever did for myself and my family.
Good for you Lisa.