Monday, March 7, 2011

I wrote this for the RS newsletter this month

Choose the Right Road

Have you ever gotten lost? Well I have and David and I have seen parts of Atlanta I would rather have missed. Our trip was one wrong turn after another and since I was the navigator, it really was my mistake. It seems amazing to me that I was never Ok with just turning around and getting back on the right road. Instead I always found a new way to our destination, which many times got us lost again. Eventually we made it and were able to reap the benefits of our travels, but it cost us precious time we could have enjoyed at the museums and places we stopped.

In life, like a map, we follow the designated route to our destination and sometimes get sidetracked and lost along the way. How many times have you imagined your goals only to find yourself on the wrong road or lost? I have seen myself decide on a target and start going in the right direction only to find something interesting, catching my attention along the way. If I detour to that new distraction I figure I can find my way back to the right road, but do I? Or do I find another thing just off the new road, that’s more interesting then the last, getting me completely turned around and lost.

Life is a series of choices and roads for that matter. Which do I take? If I find myself lost what do I do? These are questions we need to ask ourselves as we navigate our way through life. Where do you want to end up? If we don’t know, then how can we choose the right path? Decide on your goals and find the road leading that way. Make the choice to stay on the correct road because it will get you where you want to go, any detour will only cost you time. Time you may not have. To quote a great song, ‘Choose the Right when a choice is placed before you…. Let God in heaven be your goal.’ Don’t make my mistake. Turn around and get back on the correct road, which is the safest and fastest route to your destination.

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Beautifully said - keep writing!