Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rank my review ... Please


They will ask you to verify your email the first time only.  Thanks...this helps me get a better list of books to choose from next review.  Full review here.

Book Review - Wildflowers From Winter - Katie Ganshert

Wildflowers from Winter: A Novel
Title:    Wildflowers From Winter

Author:  Katie Ganshert

Review:  Get a box of tissues before you even open this book.  I'm not a fan of crying, I hate sad movies, sad books, sad things that happen in real life, I feel that there is enough unhappiness and sadness in the world that I don't need to take the time to read about it for pleasure.  Well I cried and cried and yet I still enjoyed this book and the journey it took me on.  I felt lifted as I finished the story.  


How can one person endure so much in such a short time?  God only gives us what we can handle and yet sometimes I wonder about that.  I think the thing is, is that God only gives us what we can handle, but we give ourselves more than is healthy or possible to overcome without assistance.  How many times have you found yourself strapped for time, money, companionship?  How often has this been from choices you have made having nothing to do with what has been force or put-upon you by others?

Finding comfort in loved ones and in our prayers to our loving Heavenly Father has always given me comfort.  But also sometimes I don't feel capable of his love and assaistance and try to make it alone. Why?  Who knows..maybe pride...maybe fear of rejection...maybe something completely different.  This story will pull you into the lives of the characters and also show the need for God in your life.  He gives peace, love, respect, and acceptence above all else.  Unconditional love is something you can always depend on from the man upstairs.  All you need to do is open your heart to him and he will be there, just like he always has been-you just weren't aware of it.

If you don't mind tears, joyous and morose, you will love this book(romance included).  It is not over religious.  God is on our sides and wants us to succeed, we just have to be open to him for his light to shine in our lives.  Happy endings are always my favorites even if it takes awhile to get there.  Read this book and really think about your relationships in this life and the next.

No comments: