Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pedometer

I read this book called The Great Fat Fraud that mentioned that if you walk 10,000 steps each day you can keep your weight at the current level, you may lose a few pounds when you start, but not much and then you will just stay steady as you age.  Well I am aging and I want to keep extra pounds from sneaking up on me so I decided to try it.
The dollar tree pedometer was worth what I paid and kept turning itself off.  I bought a Omron GoSmart that counts steps(not slow one), calories, miles and aerobic steps.  10,000 steps I thought would be easy.  Wrong!!! It is about 5 miles and it takes work, my normal day only gets me about 2000 steps so I have to add lots more walking to make my 10,000.Gosmart HJ-112N Dual Axis Pocket PedometerWe will see how it all goes, but if you want to give it a try get a nice pedometer.  I found this one on Pedometer reviews for the best.  20 dollars and it works great.  I was shocked to find out how little I move during a normal day, winter weight is easy to put on when you only make 2000 steps a day.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You're saying our 2.5 mile walks everyday are not enough - well we will have to try harder.

H. Wimmer said...

I have to admit now I want to get one and see how little I walk every day.