Friday, May 6, 2011

Where were you?

The teacher asked the kids where they were when they heard about 9/11, now with Osama Bin Ladens death.  I was in bed and Bonnie called and told me to turn on the TV.  I reached for the remote and saw the building and then the second plane come in and hit the next building.  We were shocked and then knew it was not an accident.  Where were you?


Reagan was shot and I was in my elementary school library shelving books.  Where were you?


The Columbia blew up when I was in computer science class at the HS, in the annex.  Where were you?

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I was in my government class in my senior year in high school when John F Kennedy was shot.

I was still in bed when Bonnie called and I saw the second plane go into the towers and a few hours later saw the towers collapse.

Dad came downstairs and said that President Obama was going to make an announcement and all I could think of was this is not good, but he announced that Bin Laden was dead. It was a funny feeling, I was happy he had been caught finally but strangely sad that he was dead. He probably deserved it but what did it really accomplish?

Why is it we remember the tragic times and not the wonderful times, I guess they just stick in our heads better for some reason. Although I can remember exactly where I was when the first man walked on the moon. We were living in Okinawa and we were listening to Japanese TV, the pictures were very grainy but his voice rang out very clear. All of the house staff were all in the bedroom with us watching this landing. it was really neat!

btw we were taking care of the home of one of the Naval doctors that was why we had a staff!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I had just finished my computer design class at UVSC and heard about the towers on the radio in my car on the way home. None of my roomates were home, so I sat and watched the news by myself all day.

Wait... Bin Laden is dead?! :)