Monday, June 16, 2008

Gunnar


Well Gunnar is off on his week trip to Washington DC with his 9th grade AP History class. He leaves everything to the end and so as I was folding his recently clean clothes I found; he only had washed 3 pairs of underwear and three pairs of socks(and they did not all match each other.) I asked about other clean socks and underwear and he did not know where any were. So off to Target we went with an hour to go before they leave. New underwear and socks. At least have clean underwear everyday in case of an accident(my grandmother always told me that.)
I left the kids at swimming lessons and got Gunnar ready to go. He packed in a small duffel bag and everything fit(even with the new underwear, a pair for everyday.) (I have to tell you that we all can pack very light. We learned one summer in a 2+ week trip. The van is not big enough for all of us and lots of stuff. But the downside is, in the photos of the trips it looks like we went every where in the same two days.) I walked and picked up the kids at lessons and then off to pick up lunch and then to the bus to see Gunnar off. Everyones parents and family members were there. Lots of hugs from the girls going on the trip, but the boys just loaded on the bus. Jay, a friend of Gunnar, got off to get something from his Mom and everyone thought he got off the bus to hug her. I yelled to him and told him to get Gunnar. Gunnar came to the door and waved, I gave him a look and he hugged me like I might make him sick and then hugged Parker.
I thought nothing embarrassed Gunnar, but I guess I do. YEA POWER!!

No comments: