Friday, June 27, 2008

Death of a friend


My first boss ever died on Sunday. Denny Maschka hired me in 1985 for a lifeguard at Ellis for the summer that the new city outdoor pool was being built. He was so nice and I was so nervous about interviewing for a job at 15 years old. That summer was lots of fun even without the tan. I made new friends with the other lifeguards and made some money.
I worked with Linda, Denny's wife, at birthright and she always talked about him when we worked together. Denny came with Linda to lots of the meetings for birthright and he had a contagious smile. I feel so bad for Linda and their family for their loss of Denny. Austin is also at a loss, Denny was the director of the Park and Rec and involved with most of the things in the community. He will be missed.
Denny's obituary


No comments: