Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ice Dam

We have one on the roof of the garage and Zeke and I spent a few hours up there yesterday clearing it away....thank heaven it rained and would be so much worse when it freezes again.  My hands were numb for hours and then stingy as they came back to life.  At first the tips I couldn't feel and when I touched them to my face they were warm...after the sting when I touched them to my face they were ice cold....strange...A huge pile of ice was up against the wall, under the siding in places, it took a bit of work to break it up and then to break up the ice in the gutters so they could run the melting snow and rain off the roof.  Home ownership is a pain some times.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

That is why we live in condo's now!

Steve said...

Definitely don't miss that part...