Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cenneidigh

Cenneidigh was telling me that her math class is too loud for her to hear the teacher or to learn math.  I asked her what she was going to do about it?  "Maybe I will just have to flunk math this year."  I asked if that was really an option for her.  "No, I guess I will have to figure out something else."  I asked if I could help by calling the school or the teacher.  "No way Mom."

Well yesterday she told me this.  "I made an appointment with the Principal and he is going to come in and visit with the class and see if he can help with the problem.  He told me that the teacher is new and maybe just needs some support and help to get the kids settle down."  She is advocating for herself and that makes me extremely proud of her.  I just hope that math gets better or she will be mad when I call the school.

Well the principal did come in and she was mad because the class was perfect for him.  I told her that he should have expected that and will hopefully come in again and again to check and maybe even listen at the door.  She still wants me to do nothing.  We shall see how long I last doing nothing.

No comments: