Sunday, December 25, 2011

Fried Christmas Eve .... Good... Yes and No!


After frying a turkey I had the brilliant idea of frying things for Christmas Eve.  We borrowed a turkey fryer and three fry daddy's.  Never can I own one of those I would die...too much oil...We fried Pickles several kinds in a beer batter we made ourselves(you can buy one can of beer.)  We fried onion rings, green beans (my favorite), mushrooms, kalamata olives, potatoes, pieroges(yummy), cookie dough in a won ton wrapper and snickers.  We never got to the brussel sprouts, bananas, peppers, broccoli, apples and oreos.  Boy was it all good also we fried party wings, two whole chickens and many many chicken pieces.  Delicious, but I could feel my arteries crying out for me to stop.

Fried Christmas Eve was good in theory, more tomorrow.

No comments: