Thursday, July 16, 2009

Perfect Moments in Time.


For awhile now I've seen perfect moments in time . At first the occurrences seemed few and far between, but now I see them everywhere, everyday. You all know my preference for country music and one song I like mentions that life is not a snap shot frozen in time, but I think that's wrong. Many perfect moments in time, are what our lives are made up of. Add enough together and you have a perfect life. At least the parts you'll remember and the parts and really matter to you. Take a look, I bet you'll see more then you thought. Take a snap shot and keep them in your heart, life goes by fast don't miss out.


Examples: A concert at Ellis with all the seven of us there, a friends little girl on my lap and some fun band pieces being played. Snap: Perfect moment. Horse back riding on a black sand beach in Iceland. Snap: Perfect moment. Fourth of July where the band is playing, 'Stars and Stripes Forever' and the fireworks start flying. Snap: Perfect moment. Christmas Eve Mass at St A's when the choir sings 'Oh Holy Night'. Snap. Standing in a hotel room where my mother says, "Wait, look around." we look around and yes all seven of us and my parents are in the room together, something that has not happened for a very long time. Snap. Biking around the mill pond with the wind in my face on a quick down hill turn. Snap. Working together fixing and painting bikes, happy faces and no fights. Snap. Watching the kids laughing and enjoying themselves, helping out the 3rd of July at the park. Snap. Dinner at the park. Snap.
I'm sure you get the point. Snap.

4 comments:

meredith said...

I totally agree life is made up of those perfect moments. you post really made me think of some of those great moments in my life too. thanks for making me think.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Yes there are those perfect moments we need to cherish and that is why we should keep a journal too.

Micah said...

I love this. What a great way to start my day. Thanks!

Dane said...

How sweet, thanks for posting.