Saturday, July 25, 2009

IKEA, working to help homesick travelers feel at home.

When we were in Iceland we saw the large IKEA they have there and I mentioned that it looked just like ours in MN. I guess they are all identical on the inside. Elder Jansen, a visitor from Germany working for CES, made a comment about this daughter. She had moved to UT and married a man there and when IKEA was built in Draper, she was so excited. When she gets homesick she goes there because it looks just like the one near her home in Germany. We all laughed, but its true. If you are traveling and need to feel at home go to the nearest IKEA. Its amazing how the Scandinavians are bring the world together one store at a time.

At our recent visit I picked up bendy straws, a garbage can, and a 3 pack of scissors. Every time I go I get scissors(1.99), I think the kids must be eating them. I can never find any when I need them.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

I love going throught IKEA...you can always find something fun!