Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Blue Lagoon


We all enjoyed the Blue Lagoon near the airport on Friday last week. They have buckets of silica mud masks around the rim of the lagoon, so I covered my face in it and it saved me from a worse sunburn then I got. The water was very warm even with the outside temp of only 55 or so. The sulfur and silica in the water made every ones hair stiff, but a shower after with lots of conditioner was all we needed. The mud mask is sold in the store, for about 55 dollars for 4 ounces so we didn't buy any to bring home. We only got burned from our upper arms up, you cannot see into the blue water. Look at Qatar's hair we all looked like that.

3 comments:

meredith said...

wowo that looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see more pics!!!

Nessa said...

That looks really fun!

H. Wimmer said...

I have to admit Lisa that photo makes you look a little SCARY.... I LOVE YOU!!!