Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yard work and wow we have too many trees



Too many trees in our yard is clear this time of year. We filled up our yard waste tub and then the truck bed. We still have at least five trips in the truck to go and they are still falling. Trees and leaves and lady bugs everywhere. The weather was incredible yesterday. We also made it to Target in time for 90% off Halloween. I love that sale, we ended up with filling two baskets and it was only 77 dollars(cheapest year yet). Lots of fun stuff to put in Boo's next year and maybe since Halloween is on a Sunday we will have a party on Saturday or Friday.

Last night was a benefit concert for Austin music. Gunnar performed with the Austin Aires and Zeke performed with the Banfield choir. It was held at St. Olaf's church. It was at the same time as the Blake's oldest daughter wedding reception. I dropped the two performers at the church then to the reception with the other three. I went back for the concert while David watched the kids at the reception, then I ran back to the reception missing another group of singers. I picked up the other three and ran them back to the church for the last mass choir song. David had to help with tables(moving them back to the church from the nature center where the reception was being held) so he couldn't help me. The last song was Why We Sing and it was beautiful. All the choirs did a wonderful job and I must admit that the Austin Aires were particularly good this year.(I'm not bias at all)

4 comments:

Heather said...

so are ya going to have an "adult" party of your own next Halloween? I want to come if you do! I bought some discounted Halloween stuff too, but my total came to about 3 dollars for 4 items. I guess you haven't Lisa-ized me quite yet.

Paige said...

DANG two baskets full, I never thought that there was enough left over when it got to 90% off. The yard looks good. My neighborhood had all those yard bags out this weekend several huge filled ones per house and there are still tons of leaves in all the yards...I love all the trees!

meredith said...

Note to self- when complaining about how many leaves I've been raking- leave all Peters off the list. They have way more to rake than could even fit in our yard!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Wow all that work - what happened to letting the wind take care of it instead. Mother Nature has a wonderful way of blowing them into the shrubs where there become mulch - just think green!